Golden Bear Swim Camp
Due to the Coronavirus and out of caution for the safety of the participants that would be in attendance, we have canceled all 2020 KU Athletics Camps and Clinics.
Stay safe and healthy.
The Golden Bear Swim Camp focuses on developing proper technique of the four competitive strokes, starts, and turns. Campers are also instructed in training techniques, strength and dry-land training, race strategy, mental preparation, and nutrition. This camp is designed for swimmers who train and compete on the competitive level, ages 9 and up. This is NOT a learn to swim camp.
- 6:30-8:00am Morning Workout (optional)
- 8:15-8:45am Breakfast
- 9:00-9:45am Classroom
- 9:45-10:30am Dryland Conditioning
- 10:30-11:45am Pool session
- 11:45am-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30-1:45pm Free time (Rest)
- 2:00pm-2:45pm Stroke review session
- 2:45-3:30pm Specialty sessions
- 3:30-5:00pm Pool session
- 5:00pm Commuter Camper pickup
- 5:15-6:00pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Camp Activity
- 10:00pm Lights Out
- Resident Camper: $460
- Commuter: $325
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot in the Golden Bear Swim Camp. If circumstances or injury make it impossible for attendance at our 2020 camp after receipt of deposit, we will apply deposit in full to your 2021 camp tuition.
Individuals are not allowed to participate in the camp/clinic if the Event Release Form is not submitted.
Meals will be served at South Dining Hall located adjacent to the residence hall. The professional dining hall staff plans and prepares all meals.
Sites & Facilities
The newly renovated Keystone Hall Natatorium is a six-lane, 25-yard pool with a separate 14-yard well. Lectures and video reviews will be held in class-rooms in Keystone Hall, while dry-land conditioning will be held on the adjoining fields. Overnight accommodations will be in one of the University residence halls staffed by camp counselors, coaches and University staff. There will be supervision 24 hours a day. The South Dining Hall will provide three nutritious, all-you-can-eat meals each day.
Click here for Directions
- 2-4 swim suits
- Caps & goggles
- Water bottle(s)
- Combination lock
- Running sneakers
- Shorts & T-shirts
- Spending money
- Alarm Clock*
- Bed Linens*
- *for resident (overnight) campers